How to install Stratum mining proxy
Stratum mining proxy allows your miners to use modern mining protocol provided by this pool. Stratum protocol reduces the network load and significantly improves miner performance especially on slow or unstable networks.
Although there's native support in cgminer, poclbm and GUIminer (for OpenCL GPU only), you can run your favourite Bitcoin miner easily over Stratum mining proxy which I provide to you on Github as an opensource software. Binaries for Windows can be found here.
Advantages for miners
- No more messages like "pool is not providing work fast enough" in miners, because work is produced locally by the proxy
- Extremely low stale rate (less than 0.1%, that means below 1 stale per 1000 accepted shares)
- Very low network bandwidth usage (around 10kB/minute)
Installing the proxy is pretty trivial:
- Download official Windows binaries (EXE) or source package for Linux.
- Run downloaded file. Console window will appear and proxy automatically connects to the pool. No command-line parameters required.
- Now just change the URL in your miners from http://api.bitcoin.cz/ to http://localhost:8332/. Miners connect to the proxy using the old protocol, but the proxy talks to the pool by the new one!
- If you have more mining rigs on the same location, you can connect all of them towards this one mining proxy. It means that on every other mining rig you will replace the URL http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332/ by http://IP_OF_PROXY_COMPUTER:8332/ .
- You're done now! If you configured everything properly, you'll see share submissions in the proxy window.
You can read the official announcement of Stratum mining protocol here.